Thursday, November 01, 2007

A few of my favourite things.

A new month, a new post - got to give this regularity thing a chance. And to help keep things interesting I am introducing a reader poll (yipee!) - over there on the right, just down a bit, feel free to answer.

On with the show...

Mooseguy asked: "1. What is/are your favourite animal(s)? 2. What sort of music do you like? Do you have any favourite bands? Oooh! And poets? Any favourite poets?"

Animals would definitely have to be the deep-sea viper fish, gulper eel, sperm whales, whale sharks, land crabs, moon jellyfish, pangolins, goats & sheep, the common house fly, any kind of bird, dogs in general - though those small out-of-control yappy ones are hard to appreciate.

With bands I would say go check out my profile for a more comprehensive list, but in direct answer to the question most certainly New Order were my first big love. Right now I am getting into a great debut album by Abby Dobson - sweet gentle Australian sounds, an amazing voice. In fact, I also have made some of my own electronica for many years calling myself Methods of Recorder - no official releases though, just what I call "grey" labels, that is self-made cds for friends. I am no musical genius - that is for sure - but I do (dare I admit it) like my own tunes.

As to poets my clear favourites are Wordsworth, Shel Silverstein (I L-O-V-E Where the Sidewalk Ends), Lewis Carol, Mervyn Peake and Aidan Coleman whose words are a sweet suburban lullaby, the lyric of tiled roofs, treed streets and empty ticking rooms waiting for their owners to return home.

Part of my initial post for the new month it is also going to have a wierd kind of housekepping vibe. I have a request of you all: not sure the blog is looking to some of you as it should, so (and I hope this ain't too tacky) am going to put an image of how it looks to me and would kindly ask you to let me know if that is how it looks to you.


Does it look something like this on you browser? If so tell me, if not tell me even more.

Cheers very muchly.

11 comments:

madbomber said...

gday mate,

I don't see that page but I have bookmarked http://monsterbloodtattoo.blogspot.com/

Is this the link to the home page? I'm not sure how to browse there otherwise.

cheers
Bomber

D.M. Cornish said...

Mr Bomber, your help at getting Monster Blog Tattoo has been brilliant!

Thank you so much.

Hope everyone enjoys!

MooseGuy said...

the new layout is great. thanks for answering my questions. i love pangolins, too!

as for the poll, i would read a book about Europe only if it feature Licurius. For such an (and I am very hesitant about using this word now) evil character, i'm more interested in him than the rest of the characters i've so far been acquainted with.

D.M. Cornish said...

Oh! and I forgot to add angler fish too - and electric eels (without which there would be no fulgars!)

I reckon if I did tales of Europe it might be back stories perhaps (that is what my publisher wants, anyway) This would mean plenty of Licurius.

Hmm...

femina said...

Back stories would be great. So many unanswered questions... why is a seemingly well-educated woman doing such a dirty job? (Other than the very brief explanation in the Explicarium.) Why is she sometimes at odds with Licurius yet strangely dependent on him? Does she actually hate monsters or is it her powers and the thrill of the fight that fascinate her more? Does she ever let her guard down with anyone other than Licurius?

(Can you tell which way I voted in the survey??)

Coz said...

I like the new layout, very nice.
I'd like to here some Methods of Recorder sometime. I've done some electronic stuff too, www.myspace.com/rabbitweather.
I think you should make an issue of Quack! and package it with the next book.

Anonymous said...

um my pagedosent look like the pic

its all black is that the way its suposed to look it looks alwright but ... yer

Sierra said...

Today I went to the bookstore to ask about your second book, Lamplighter nd the clerk looked at me like I had six eyes. "D.M. Cornish? Who's that?" I was utterly offended. Antways, I am anxiously anticipating the release of your next book.

D.M. Cornish said...

Ahh, yes it is black now - sorry about that a nonny mouse.

As to "D.M. Cornish? Who's that?", Sierra, I get it all the time. Ah well, at least we know what we are talking about, right?

I reckon I should go and check Coz's tunes out, work up an issue of Quack! and then do another post.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

a

D.M. Cornish said...

b